The Bossard Group is a leading global provider of product solutions and services in industrial fastening and assembly technology. More than 1 million items as well as proven expertise in technical consulting and inventory management distinguishes the Bossard Group.
At Bossard, we offer a range of opportunities to develop your career and apply and expand your skills and capabilities in a dynamic, international business environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Collaborate with sales and support staff to quote and implement new business opportunities.
- Research inventory records to determine if parts on hand are insufficient or excess quantities; develop action plans to rebalance the demand versus supply position.
- Develop and maintain pricing analysis on Parts Assortment for key segments – EV/Automotive, Rail, Agriculture, Medical, Industrial, etc. as assigned.
- Purchase the correct quality merchandise at the lowest possible price and in correct amounts delivered at the right time.
- Prepare purchase orders, solicit bid proposals, and review requests for orders for goods and services.
- Performs schedule maintenance based on project timeline developments.
- Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history.
- Develop and manage supplier relationships.
- Maintains appropriate records to support material acquisition decisions and to perform related analyses as needed.
- Performs such other tasks and special projects as may be assigned from time to time by the unit manager.
- Use a combination of internal tools and reports while communicating with Sales, support staff, and suppliers to effectively expedite the delivery of products.
- Manage Supplier Reject Notice with assigned customer projects to enable a timely disposition of non-conforming product.
- Manage cost accountability process related to assigned implementation projects.
- Monitor and follow applicable laws and regulations.
- Negotiate or renegotiate and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives.
- Utilizes analytics, metrics, and market testing to ensure competitive pricing and appropriate quality level of products for related projects.
- Monitor shipments to ensure that goods come in on time, and in the event of problems, trace shipments and follow up on undelivered goods.
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
- Evaluate and monitor contract performance to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and to determine the need for changes.
- Review catalogues, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals, and internet sites, and consult with other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services.Interview vendors and visit suppliers' plants to examine and learn about products, services, and prices.
- Process Corrective Actions related to assigned job duties.
- Manage and process PPAP’s and PPW’S.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements or cultures.
• Building Strategic Working Relationships – Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
• Energy – Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigour, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
• Ethics – Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
• Innovation - Generating innovative solutions in work situations; trying different and novel ways to deal with work problems and opportunities
• Managing Work (includes Time Management) – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
• Negotiation – Effectively exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
• Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
• Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills – having achieved a satisfactory level of technical & professional skill or knowledge in position-related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
Education and/or Experience
A bachelor’s degree with 2-5 years’ experience is desired or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have Intermediate knowledge of:
• Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Company Specific Programs
Travel may be required