Summary: Verifies and keeps records on inbound and outbound shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- General housekeeping of warehouse and equipment.
- Manually move materials from one place to another.
- Pack and/or wrap products by hand.
- Keep a record of the material moved.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability - Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work, tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Applied Learning – Assimilating and applying new job-related information in a timely manner.
- Energy – Consistently maintaining high levels of activity or productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary; operating with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended periods of time.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Upholds organizational values.
- Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Managing Work (includes Time Management) – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
- Safety Awareness – Being aware of conditions that affect employee safety.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one-year related experience and /or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports & business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, employees of the organization, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent. Ability to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram from. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have Beginner knowledge of:
- Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current valid driver’s license
- Current valid forklift operator’s license a plus
Other Skills and Abilities
- Bar Code Scanner Knowledge
- Bolt Gauge Knowledge
- Scale Knowledge/weigh counts
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The Essential Duties and Responsibilities listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of his job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to: stand; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands & arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch and walk, talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to walk, talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50-75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regular exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
6521 Production Dr
Cedar Falls, IA 50613