TREP® is designed as an anti-loosening security system for all mechanical bolting connection, which consists of 3 or 4 interdependent smooth tapered spring washers with a metal insert. As a safety element, disc spring assemblies maintains constant tension and clamping force in the joint. Even though slight relaxation may occur, the elastic properties of TREP® ensures that the system can withstand loosening in high-stress applications where residual tension in the bolt is of vital importance, or in another words, completely secure and reliable fastening, no concern about the problem of vibration or loosening.
In mechanical joints with material pairings and large jumps in stiffness (sheet metal joints made of aluminum, copper, or brass), the spring assembly can counteract a loss of preload force and shows greater resistance to loosening in the presence of applied vibrations than with individual clamping washers.
- Electrical equipment
- Heavy vehicles
- Other machines subject to high vibrations
- Resistance to loosening/unscrewing
- Retains the tension and clamping force
- Better durability, fatigue life test more than 1,000,000 cycles
- Ability to adapt thermal expansion, high temperature resistance
- Corrosion resistance
- Easy assembly saves working time
- TREP plus®
The TREP plus® disc spring assembly with the additional washer and large outer diameter effectively bridges the force transmission in oblong holes.
- Electromobility/high-voltage batteries/electrical appliances/transformers.
- Electrically conductive connections/contact glands in the high-voltage range, grounding cables
- Plant and mechanical engineering
- Vehicle construction
- Transport plant construction
- Rail vehicles (e.g., power electronics)
- Motor mountings
- Slotted hole connections, e.g., for adjustments
- Screw connections made of non-ferrous metals with large expansion coefficients e.g., aluminum, copper alloys
- Other applications subject to vibration
- Reliable pretensioning and securing of contact points for current-carrying connections.
- Operationally safe connections with demands for strength classes ≥ 8.8/≥ A2-70.
- Maintenance of clamping tension between the connected elements
- Uniform distribution of contact pressure
- Universal range of application where settling, thermal expansion must be compensated for
- Easy and safe assembly thanks to the multifunctionality of a component with a slim management
- Improved force transmission through the elongated holes due to enlarged bearing surface
- No surface damage to the bearing surfaces of the bolted components
- Dimensions from M8-M16 for screws