TufLok® and Nytemp® are reliable economic systems for sealing screw connections. A highly elastic, wear-resistant nylon coating is applied to part of the thread. At the same time, it fills the axial backlash between the screw and nut thread, creating a connection.
- Fluid and gas-tight seal
- No drying time whatsoever required immediately capable of withstanding stress
- Suitable for almost all metallic materials
- Unlimited storage life
- Resistant to alcohol, oil, petrol and most thinners
Internal thread must have a countersink (no sharp-edged threads inserts), otherwise the patch could be peeled off when the screw is installed. Nytemp® can only be used on plain or phosphate parts and on stainless steel due to the higher coating temperature.
Securing screws with TufLok®/Nytemp® Patch. Threaded seal with TufLok®/Nytemp® Patch all-round. Free threads on thread end enable easy installation. 2–3 threads underneath the head should not be patched.
Threaded parts from M1 to M68. Lengths up to 220 mm.
TufLok® Patch all-round
- Color blue
- Temperature range –50 °C to 120 °C
Nytemp® Patch all-round
- Color orange
- Temperature range –50 °C to 200 °C
- Length l1: ~4 to 6 threads
- Length l2: ~1 to 2 threads
d1 Thread diameter
l1 Patch length
l2 start of unpatched thread
Chamfer 90° - 120°, Ø =1.05 Ød1